BORN AT THE RIGHT TIME!

People often ask me if anyone is without a character structure, that set of stubborn masks, blocks and defenses that encase us from early childhood. When I taught the character structures in my 3-year training program, I answered the question in the first class by playing a Paul Simon song I love, called "Born at the Right Time."

Here are the lyrics to the chorus:

"Never been lonely

Never been lied to
Never had to scuffle in fear
Nothing denied to
Born at the instant
The church bells chime
And the whole world whispering:
'Born at the right time"

I then asked the class: "Okay. Who had that childhood?" Of course, no one raised their hand. "So, basically," I said, "unless you had that childhood, you have a character structure."


Well, someone sent me THIS  a few hours ago. This is what it might look like to be born in such a way that you never develop a character structure. It's beautiful. It's what we're working on in all of our "tribes" right now. In a very real sense, we have all been "born at the right time," including to be here making this great transition!

Enjoy! 

No comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online