FINAL SCENE FROM THE CITY ROCK PILOT!

This is the final scene from the City Rock pilot episode: "While You're Busy Making Other Plans," a moment when our main character, Frank Cello, confronts the ghost that has been haunting him throughout the episode, the spirit of the teen who died on Frank's watch, on the same night that John Lennon was murdered. Frank named his team after the kid.

EXT. NYC STREET - NIGHT

Frank is walking, lost. He arrives to the Gramercy Park Softball League playing field, walks past the Virgin Mary statue in centerfield and heads over to sit on a bench. He looks out onto the dark asphalt schoolyard, lit up only by the street lights.

CITY ROCK
Hey, man, your team was tough.

FRANK
What? What are you doing here?

CITY ROCK
What are you doing here?

FRANK
Look, what do you want?

CITY ROCK
What do you want?

FRANK
Tonight is not a good night for questions.

CITY ROCK
Can’t have answers without askin’ questions.

Silence for a long moment.

CITY ROCK (cont’d)
Remember that night John was killed?

Frank remembers and looks pained.

CITY ROCK (cont’d)
Four months ago tonight. That was not a good night.

FRANK
Don’t remind me.

CITY ROCK
Why’d you name your team after me?

FRANK
I don’t know. It just came to me.

CITY ROCK
I like that you did that.

FRANK
You never told me your real name.

CITY ROCK
Nobody has a real name on the street.
(beat)
Maybe it was his time, you know? John. I wasn’t into the Beatles. Kinda cool, though, that we checked out on the same night.

FRANK
Cool? Not exactly.

CITY ROCK
You couldn’t save me, Frank.

Frank starts to object.

CITY ROCK (cont’d)
No. I mean you couldn’t save me. You can’t save anybody, Frank. That’s what I’ve been tryin’ to tell you, but you don’t want to hear it.

Frank looks at the boy, then hangs his head for a long moment.

FRANK
Then, what am I doing? What’s the point? What’s my point?

CITY ROCK
What would Kirk say? You just know what you gotta do and you do it.

FRANK
You know Kirk?

CITY ROCK
(smiling)
Yeah, we just met. Hey, maybe you just keep going, Frank. These are crazy times comin’ up. This decade, I got a feelin’ a lot of people are gonna split. But what you’re tryin’ to do, it still matters.

Frank looks out at the ballfield under the moonlight, then looks back at the boy... but he isn’t there.

DISSOLVE TO:

EXT. CENTRAL PARK - SAME MOMENT

We see a crowd of people holding a candlelight vigil in Central Park in what will soon become Strawberry Fields.

DISSOLVE BACK:

EXT. GPSL PLAYING FIELD - SAME MOMENT

Frank walks over to home plate, stands there, looking out onto the field, then heads for home.

FADE TO BLACK.

No comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online