SCENE FROM "CITY ROCK" EPISODE 5: "FATHER'S DAY" OF CITY ROCK!

EXT. GRAMERCY PARK PLAYING FIELD - DAY

It’s over. Bird is packing up his gear on the bench. Two hot chicks - one black, one white - are waiting for him nearby. The rest of City Rock is milling about the parking lot.

JASON (O.S.)
You must be Bird.

The big man turns around to see the reporter. Bird just sniffs at him.

JASON (cont’d)
My name’s Jason Lamb. Maybe you heard of me?

Bird sniffs again.

JASON (cont’d)
Reporter for the Post. Anyway, Bird... can I call you Bird? Anyway, I’m doing a story on this... softball craze for Father’s Day, so I thought maybe I could interview you. Might even get your picture in the paper.

BIRD
Ain’t got no father...

JASON
Uh... oh... well, still...

BIRD
(brightening slightly)
But I got kids. You could put their picture in the paper.

JASON
Oh... yeah, that’s a great idea!

BIRD
I was gonna bring ‘em to the game for Father’s Day.

JASON
You got it! Great!
(taking out his pad)
So let me ask you a few questions...

RICK (O.S.)
Hey, you’re from the Post, right?

They see the ever-wired Rick come bounding over.

RICK (cont’d)
Jason Lamb, right? Man, I LOVE the way you HATE the Yankees.

He shakes Jason’s hand too vigorously.

RICK (cont’d)
Rick Berg. Copy Editor at Playtime Magazine. You writing about City Rock?

JASON
About the softball thing, and I’m gonna feature Mr. Bird here.

ELI (O.S.)
On BIRD?!

They all turn around to see Eli, City Rock’s resident macho rooster, strutting over.

ELI (cont’d)
Not taking anything away from the big guy, but no story on City Rock would be complete without a little coverage of their star pitcher... who also happens to be the owner of the best Cadillac dealership in Sunnyside, Queens!

Eli looks to his young nerdy sidekick, JEFFREY, for validation.

JEFFREY
Yep. That’s our Coupe De Ville right over there!

ELI
(incredulous)
Our Coupe De Ville?!

JASON
Oh... yeah, right. And you are?

ELI
Eli. Like I said, owner of...

JASON
The best Cadillac dealership...

ELI
In Sunnyside, Queens.

JASON
Ah.

ELI
You got that right.

No comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online