XANDER ON PL'S NEED TO LINK MORE!

Here's Xander:

Peter, I've been enjoying your blog for a few months now, but I have to mention one of my pet peeves: you post wonderful quotes from many sources, but you never link to them. It's not a question of your credibility as far as I am concerned, although it is on other sites, it's really a matter of follow up for your readers. Sometimes I want more, or just want to see the source of the quote or article. For example the various personality types were a great read, but what was the source? As a therapist and coach, it would be great to link to some of the things you write, but since there is no source for quotes and articles, I would be more inclined to find them and pass them on.

Best regards!

PL:

Thanks for reading, Xander!
I do usually try to link to whatever the source of an article or idea is for something on my blog, if there is an article I'm directly referencing from, but sometimes, I am referencing an entire body of a person's work. The character structure charts don't really have a link because the ones on my blog are my version of them. There would be more than one link to their origins. Character analysis began with Wilhem Reich, then was further developed by Alexander Lowen and John Pierrakos, Barbara Brennan and others, including my own teacher, Dora Gomez, the last three of whom added a spiritual element to the understanding of character structures.
That being said, I will try to be more diligent in the linking/referencing process.
Thanks again for reading.
Oh, and the link for the NY Times "RESPECT YOUR CHILDREN" piece is HERE.
PL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw

Alex Arnet said...

Thanks, Peter, I appreciate the acknowledgment and the effort.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online