THE SUN PREVENTS CANCER! OR WHY I HAVEN'T LISTENED TO DOCTORS FOR OVER 20 YEARS!!

I haven't been to an allopathic doctor in a good 20 years now. That's right. No check-ups. No cholesterol or blood pressure readings. No testing for sugar levels. No colonoscopies. Oh, and I haven't had health insurance in over 11 years.

Why?

Because mainstream western medicine not only doesn't have a clue about what constitutes health, but also because it is little more than a corrupt money-making machine that preys on the fearful and ignorant. Instead of the slash-burn-poison approach that capitalist doctors employ, I have chosen to open my mind, body and spirit through holistic self-work, so that through the utilization of the Pleasure Principle, I can intuitively determine what I need.

In that regard, one thing I have always known is that the sun is good for me. In spite of the warnings from the medical establishment, media shills, friends and family, etc., I have never shied away from getting as much sun - without burning, of course - as possible. Because it makes me feel good!

When you have done the self-work necessary to clear out a good portion of your self-destructive, character structure driven defenses, you can then follow this simple rule: If it feels good, it is good!

Here's an excerpt from a piece by one Dr. Frank Lipman, an Integrative Physician whose personal blend of Western and Eastern Medicine combined with the many other complimentary modalities he has studied, has helped thousands of people recover their energy and zest for life:

"For the last 30 years or so, doctors (dermatologists in particular), health officials, beauty experts and many product companies have been demonizing the sun. They've told us to avoid it because without sunscreen, exposure to the sun's rays will damage skin and cause cancer. But this oversimplification distorts the facts. In the past few years, numerous studies have shown that optimizing your vitamin D levels may actually help prevent as many as 16 different types of cancer including pancreatic, lung, breast, ovarian, prostate and colon cancers. And the best way to optimize Vitamin D levels is through safe, smart and limited sunscreen-free exposure to the sun."

Read the rest of the piece HERE.

Okay, time for me to get to the beach!

2 comments:

Sweet Curiosity said...

Peter,
I can't possibly agree with you more.I was told by a doctor that I had skin cancer, when in fact I dont believe I had it at all. I avoid doctors like the plague.I feel they push antibiotics I'm allergic to, and want to run tests I don't need, when I feel like a perfectly normal 36 year old. Any tips on finding a holistic non chiropractic doctor would be much appreciated.

by David E Johnston - NYC said...

I came across your blog from your posting on craigslist about the stroller ban. I was curious about more of your views when I read this post about sun exposure.

As a 46 year old who first had skin cancers removed from my face/torso/neck by 30 due to natural sun exposure (the beach/park/etc), I can't disagree with your statement more. I find it also dangerous.

I don't know your ethnic heritage, but your skin type must be of a kind that produces enough melanin to protect against damage. My background is Scottish, so I have fair/ruddy skin. I have to wear sunscreen everyday, or else I would have more basil and squamos cell skin cancers all over my face and arms. If unchecked, these can grow, get into the blood stream, and become melanoma. Which can be deadly.

Since you counsel people for a living, I'm surprised that you would make large, blanket assertions that seem to say that all doctors are bad, all western medicine is bad, the sun is great for skin and reports of its dangers misleading.

If I was a potential client/patient of yours and found that you dont think there is anything at all to be gained from the science of western medicine, it would be like saying you firmly believe the world is flat, and I would run for the hills. Your thinking (on this topic) seems to be so reductive, yet you seem to profess to expand people's thinking.

Thanks for letting me share my views.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online