HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SUMMER! THE SUN NOT ONLY PREVENTS CANCER, IT IMPROVES EYESIGHT!! CELEBRATE THE SOLSTICE!!!

This is a piece I wrote around this time a few years ago, celebrating the beginning of summer and the healing power of the sun, and the misconceptions that the old 3D medical establishment promoted to inspire fear in our populace.

Enjoy!

There was an article in the New York Times that described something many have intuitively known and experienced as real for many years, that bright sunlight is good for your eyes. The piece is entitled: "THE SUN IS THE BEST OPTOMETRIST," and it makes the claim that "the rapid increase in nearsightedness appears to be due to a characteristic of modern life: more and more time spent indoors under artificial lights."

The entire short article is definitely worth reading.

Here's an excerpt from a piece by one Dr. Frank Lipman, an Integrative Physician whose personal blend of Western and Eastern Medicine combined with the many other complimentary modalities he has studied, has helped thousands of people recover their energy and zest for life:

"For the last 30 years or so, doctors (dermatologists in particular), health officials, beauty experts and many product companies have been demonizing the sun. They've told us to avoid it because without sunscreen, exposure to the sun's rays will damage skin and cause cancer. But this oversimplification distorts the facts. In the past few years, numerous studies have shown that optimizing your vitamin D levels may actually help prevent as many as 16 different types of cancer including pancreatic, lung, breast, ovarian, prostate and colon cancers. And the best way to optimize Vitamin D levels is through safe, smart and limited sunscreen-free exposure to the sun."

Read the rest of the piece HERE.

Okay, time for me to get to the beach!

1 comment:

dadloff said...

I have to comment on your article on the SUN and medical care.

I am 78 years old and have been around the world as far as medical issues are concerned. Here is my list:

I have had at least a dozen skin cancers or precancerous areas removed from my face due to exposure to the "beneficial sun."

I have had double hernia surgery about 40 years ago and just had another one done a couple of months ago.

I have had hemorrhoids removed about 40 years ago also.

I have diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I take presription medications for all of the above, as well as following dietary changes suggested by my medical professionals. All of these conditions are under control.

I have had 3 colonoscopies over the years, at which time the doctors removed polyps which would have turned into colon cancer.


I have had a wife who died of brain cancer, and a wife who died from ovarian cancer. I am now happily married to my present wife, going on 2 years. She has had successful treatment for cancer through a course of chemotherapy and radiation.

I am writing this because I am concerned about your remarks about the sun being good for people and that they should not be worried about skin cancer.

Also your idea about not seeing traditional medical doctors may be ok for you, but if I neglected to see doctors for routine and preventative care, I probably would not have been around to see my children grow up or to see my grandchildren.

I think you need to be careful about how you present your ideas about the sun and about not seeing doctors. If people like me had followed your example, I would have been long gone.

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online