A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2016!

Jacob Marley to Antonin Scalia on his deathbed?

Marley: "I wear the chain I forged in life! I made it link by link and yard by yard! I girded it of my own free will and by my own free will, I wore it! In life, my spirit never rose beyond the limits of my money-grabbing decisions like your Citizens United ruling! Now I am doomed to wander without rest or peace, incessant torture and remorse!

Scalia: But it was only that you were a good man of business, Jacob!

Marley: BUSINESS?! Mankind was my business! The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, benevolence, were all my business. The dealings of my legal trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!

Scalia: Why do you lament?

Jacob Marley: Because I seek to intervene for good in human matters, and have lost my power forever. By the way, you have no idea the length and breadth of the ponderous chain you yourself bear.

Scalia: Oh. Shit.




No comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online