PL to the NY Times in response to Maureen Dowd on Barack's "elitism"

To the Editor:
I for one am totally over the discussion of Barack Obama's "elitism." As Jon Stewart asked so perfectly the other night: "Don't we want someone 'elite' running our country?" Whatever happened to the best and the brightest? I don't want a president I can drink beer (or Royal Crown shots) with. I can drink beer with my best friend, Steve.
I want a president who is exceptional in his or her intelligence and wisdom, maturity and emotional stability, someone with grace under pressure and flexibility mixed with determination, and finally, someone with honesty and integrity. I don't care a bit whether my president can bowl or windsurf or knock down whiskey. What's going on around here?!
Sincerely,
Peter Loffredo
Brooklyn, NY

No comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online