PL Too Political?

Well, a couple of people have recently noted that I seem to be writing a lot about things political these days. I've noticed, too, and it's led to some self-reflection. Why this is noteworthy to me is because I have claimed for a long time now to be "apolitical," which goes along with my decades-long efforts to rid myself of all beliefs and opinions, and become a seeker of truth. As such, I have sought to be an observer of events, one without an agenda to prove or validate attitudes already held by me or others. From that place, I find that I can trust that when I discover what feels certain to me to be certain, I can base my actions on the knowledge with confidence. As such, I haven't voted for a presidential candidate in over twenty years, because a genuine leader has not run for that office. That is the Truth (with a capital "T"). As Lao-Tsu, the father of Taoism once said, "When the best leader's work is done the people say, 'We did it ourselves!"
That is why, now, I am supporting Barack Obama for president, not because I am a Democrat or liberal or any other such political animal. Not even because I've scrupulously studied his policies statements. I have come out of electoral isolation because Senator Obama is a true leader, at a time when we desperately need a true leader.
On my blog, as in everything I write and say elsewhere, I do not claim to be "fair." The Truth is not fair. The Truth is ruthlessly... the Truth. Our media has become so useless in pursuing the Truth these days greatly in part because it insists on giving equal weight to both "sides" of every argument and position, when, in fact, there aren't always two worthy sides. Everything is not relative or a matter of opinion. It's not biased to point out that someone is lying or cheating or stealing when they are. Likewise, it's not slanted to say that someone is open and honest if they are. We may be all equal under the law and under God, but we are not all equally living in Truth.

Here's something from another genuine leader, Abraham Lincoln:

"How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four; calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."

No comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online