AM I MISSING SOMETHING?!

Almost a year ago, I posted a bit about the idea that was going around of extending term-limits in NYC so Mayor Bloomberg could be elected - again! I didn't get it then, and I really don't get it now. What has this guy done to deserve extra terms??

The MTA, already running one of the worst mass transit systems in the world, is unbelievably saying that we should expect in the very near future "deep service cuts and a fare increase!!"

WHAT?!

This is such a fascinating time, one in which stupidity, recklessness and malfeasance are regularly rewarded with wealth and bonuses. What's going on? I am astounded by what people consider an acceptable level of competence. I must presume that we are hitting some kind of bottom, so that we can elevate ourselves to the next level.

Anyway, here's what I wrote a year ago. I just had to get this off my chest - again!

"BOOO!!! I have been living in New York City for 30 years, through Mayors Koch, Dinkins, Guiliani and Bloomberg, and I have to say that the infrastructure and the schools are in the worst shape they've ever been in since 1978. Whether via subway, bus, cab or car, it is impossible to get around in this city and it is the most expensive it's ever been trying to boot. And with 2 kids in elementary school, in what is considered to be one of the better districts in town, I am appalled at what is passing for education. Uninspired curriculums, exhausted and harried teachers, mediocre at best art and athletic programs and crumbling buildings. Are you kidding me? Running for another term? I don't know anyone who has ever been able to tell me one thing Mr. Bloomberg has done to improve this city except ban smoking. Gimme a break!"

No comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online