Tonight's Favorite Movie Quote

This is my favorite piece of dialogue from one of my favorite movies. Near the end of the film, Tom Hanks' character is back home after 4 years on a deserted island. He recounts the moment when he realized what surrender was and how it affected him.

"I had power over nothing. And that's when this feeling came over me like a warm blanket. I knew somehow that I had to stay alive. Somehow, I had to keep breathing, even though there was no reason to hope. So that's what I did - I stayed alive and kept breathing and one day the tide came in and gave me a sail. I know what I have to do now - I've gotta keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Tom Hanks

No comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online