I MET "JOE THE PLUMBER!"

That's right, in line at my bank (yes, it's still open), recently. I overheard two white, working-class types, a man and a women, talking about the election. You know, these are the folks the pundits once were relentlessly saying Obama was having trouble with. The guy was wearing a plumber's uniform and had a classic Brooklyn accent to go along with his thick neck. The woman, sporting excessive make-up and very big hair, spoke with the same accent, though she had a reasonable neck. The point is, in simple terms, they were commiserating about why they were voting for Obama. My thought at that moment? "Landslide. It's going to be a landslide! I may have to apologize to my readers, after all, for my 'How Stupid Are We?' series."

No comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online