SCENE FROM EPISODE 6: "THE PICNIC" OF CITY ROCK!


Yep. We're doing one more round before we take a break in August. Number Six. Episode 5: "Father's Day" was a great experience for all involved, and the vortex being created around City Rock garnered even more positive energy and enthusiastic interest. I am struck by the direct relationship between doing what you love to do and receiving support from all corners of the Universe.

Here's a peek inside the script:

INT. FRANK’S FLAT - EVENING

Frank and Jennie relaxing in the bathtub in the kitchen, taking turns with a joint and a pint of Jack Daniels. Frank shakes his head.

FRANK
I feel guilty doing this with you while you’re on a methadone program.

JENNIE
Hey, Frankie babe! Gimme a break! I’m not shootin’ dope. Michael the Monster is out of my life... for today anyway. And I’m in therapy three goddamn times a week with Cramer the Magician! Dig? I gotta give myself some kind of reward now and then. I’m just bummed that I didn’t pick up a half O-Z of coke while I was at the clinic this morning.

Frank looks at her as if she were an alien, then changes the subject.

FRANK
Can you believe those two? I don’t know which one is crazier?

JENNIE
Dig!
(beat)
Which two? Larry and G.C.? Or Joy and Rick? Man, that dude loves to party even more than me...

FRANK
No. No. I’m trying very hard not to think about the team right now. I mean, the Glicks.

JENNIE
Oh, yeah! I say... he’s the crazier one, but she’s the killer.

FRANK
Yeah, it’d be better if she was the one who couldn’t go out in public.

JENNIE
(eyes flashing pain)
I know that stare of hers. A little too familiar...

Before he can respond, the phone rings. He gets out of the tub, dripping water and suds across the kitchen and picks up the phone sitting on the window sill.

FRANK
Hello...
(his eyes widen)
HI! HI! Sarah! Wow! How are you?... Uh-huh... uh-huh... great, great... yeah, good, okay, busy... social worker at a high school, yeah, and part-time at a runaway shelter... yeah, yeah, you know me... you? RN? Congratulations!
(conflict on his face as he listens)
... uhh... sure, okay, yeah... when? Oh. Yeah, sure. Okay. Dinner? Okay. Call me when you get in and I’ll give you directions. Okay. See you tomorrow.

He hangs up and dries off. Jen curious as she tokes on the joint and passes it to him. He sits on the edge of the tub.

JENNIE
You look like you need a hit of this. Who was that?

FRANK
My ex-wife.

JENNIE
Oh, snap! You’re ex-wife?! How could you already have an EX-wife?

No comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online