"DEVASTATING!"

"I've always been deeply concerned about the views of the Republican Party nationally in terms of their exclusionary policies and views towards moderate Republicans. Specter's switch to the Democratic Party underscores the blunt reality that the GOP is not a welcome place for moderates. Arlen Specter's abandonment of the GOP is devastating, both personally and I think for the party. I believe in the traditional tenets of the Republican Party: strong national defense, fiscal responsibility, individual opportunity. I haven't abandoned those principles that have been the essence of the Republican Party. I think the Republican Party has abandoned those principles."
Olympia Snowe of Maine (one of the few remaining moderate Republicans in the Senate)

No comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online