TOO LOW-BROW EVEN FOR FOOTBALL?!!?

"I myself couldn't even think of voting for him," said Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay, speaking from the NFL's fall ownership meetings in Boston on Rush Limbaugh's desire to be an NFL owner.

Asked if he'd spoken to other owners about Limbaugh's candidacy, Irsay said, "I haven't and I don't think I would even go to the point of talking to Tony Dungy, Jim Caldwell, Dwight Freeney, talking to those men and seeing what their positions are. I'm very sensitive to know there are scars out there. I think as a nation we need to stop it. Our words do damage and it's something that we don't need. We need to get to a higher level of humanity and we have.

And the NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said here Tuesday that it would be inappropriate for the owner of an NFL franchise to make the sort of controversial statements attributed in the past to Limbaugh.

"I've said many times before we're all held to a high standard here, and I think divisive comments are not what the NFL is all about," Goodell said at an NFL owners' meeting. "I would not want to see those comments coming from people who are in a responsible position in the NFL, absolutely not."

Wow! Too rude even for football!

No comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online